Bib'li-o-phil'i-a

In libris libertas.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Reading Update

I received several great books for my birthday and Christmas and cannot wait to read them all. Christine got me Batman: Year One by Frank Miller, which I read Christmas day. For my birthday she got me Son of a Witch by Gregory Maguire, the sequel to Wicked. While it's well-written and the character is interesting, it's not holding my attention the way Wicked did. I'm halfway through, and I'm still waiting to see where the story is going. I also got Maguire's book Lost, which is supposedly in the tradition of A.S. Byatt's Possession and ties into Charles Dickens's Christmas Carol. I'm very excited to read that, but will finish this one first.

I have a Barnes and Noble gift card that I'm saving until after the Christmas celebrations end. If I don't receive it, I'll probably buy Alan Moore's Watchmen.

Happy Reading!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home